National Outrage Grows Over Death Of Two Mumbai Youths Killed By Eve-Teasers

0
165

MUMBAI – A 28-year-old unemployed youth, who had sustained serious stab wounds while resisting eve-teasing by a group of persons in suburban Amboli, has succumbed to his injuries in a private hospital, police said today.

Rueben Fernandes (28) is the second victim in the scuffle that had broken out between two groups over eve-teasing. On October 20, his friend, Keenan Sentos (25) was also attacked with choppers by a group of four after the duo objected to their acts of indecent behaviour against girls with whom they had gone on an outing.

“Fernandes was injured on October 20 outside Amboli Bar and Restaurant on Caesar Road. He died on October 31 night while undergoing treatment in Kokilaben Hospital,” inspector VD Bhoite of DN Nagar police station told PTI.

Sentos, a former chef in a hotel, died soon after the incident while Fernandes, who was unemployed, was undergoing treatment in Kokilaben Hospital since then, Bhoite added.

Sentos and Fernandes, along with five others, including three girls, had gone to the bar to have dinner and watch a cricket match on a giant screen put up there. After a while, they came out of the restaurant and were standing near a pan- shop when the incident had occurred, police said.

Following the attack, police searched the area to nab the accused who were identified as Jitendra Rana (25), Sunil Bote (20), Satish Dulgaj (35) and Deepak Tival (19). They were later traced and arrested. One of them is a labourer, another is a barber while the rest are unemployed, police said.